Pages

February 11, 2008

The Daylights Lie Bleeding

Just found out about this rather fabulous band called The Daylights. Apparently they're on tour with OneRepublic right now, but that's beside the point.

The Daylights' music on their myspace is pretty fabulous, especially the first two songs on the play list. Unfortunately it looks like none of them are available anywhere online. The only songs available are the ones off of their "Shift and Blur" EP, which I'm sure are quite good also, but I'd much rather get my mitts on the ones that I've already listened to and think are awesome. Also I'd like to hear some of their older stuff too, but it's nowhere to be found.

Somebody tell these guys to get a real website with a complete discography and all that.

So actually, I heard about these guys because one of their songs is supposed to be in a recent Christian Slater movie called Love Lies Bleeding. It's not the best of movies, but it was better than I thought it would be. Jenna Dewan is in it too and a bunch of other people I don't know. She was kind of surprising. I went into watching the movie with very low expectations with regards to her acting chops (to date I've only seen her in dance movies like Step Up and Take the Lead - yeah I saw them both, sigh - and well, all she basically had to do was dance her little heart out, which she does very well though). Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by the whole movie. Costumes were good too, although the plot, script and directing could have used some help here and there. Although, I thought the fight choreography was pretty decent. For the most part it actually looked like something that might go down in real life.

Anyway, back to the music. I'm gonna have to look at what other songs were used in the film. I remember thinking a couple of times throughout the movie, that the music was quite agreeable. I'll post again if I find anything particularly noteworthy. Check out the band regardless. They play great indie rock.

No comments: