Pages

March 29, 2008

Serpentine New Day

Goodness. I've been meaning to post about a lot of things, but for whatever reason I haven't been able to actually make myself do it. Which is a shame. I've been re-watching a bit of Grey's lately and stumbled upon Kate Havnevik's excellent song "New Day" again. I hadn't listened to any Kate stuff recently, but seeing the episode again, reminded me how awesome her stuff is, especially "New Day". I'd say it's sort of more electronic-y than most of her other songs and it's got some insanely brilliant string arrangements (all dissonant and that sort of thing). I love it. If you have never heard it before, you can do that here.

Also I got this song called "Serpentine" by Chris Bathgate a little while ago and it's really wonderful as well. It's a bit of a sad song, but it's got beautiful melodies (and cello - ha I have to stop with all the strings), so check it out here. You can download after you've listened. Good stuff, eh?

Hopefully I'll be less lazy in the near future and post more of the songs I found.

P.S.: "Toothpaste Kisses" just came on and it's still the cutest song ever. Nice.

No comments: