Pages

March 11, 2008

Vampire Weekend at SNL

So I know I've posted about Vampire Weekend before, but I just watched the SNL episode from March 8th(? - I think so anyway), ostensibly because my most favoritest person ever (right now anyway), Amy Adams, was the host. To get back to Vampire Weekend - it's official. They're huge nerds. But in a kind of endearing way. It was sort of hysterical watching them hop around on stage. It looked very much like something out of the seventies (although the lead singer's uber tight pants might have had something to do with that also). They didn't play "Oxford Comma", which I previously recommended (probably on account of all the fucks in the lyrics), but they played two other songs that I quite enjoyed. I'm definitely going to check out their album now and you should probably do that also. Oh, I think what I liked most was the lovely string quartet they had joining them. As you know, if there's one thing I'm a sucker for in music, it's string accompaniment. Nice!

By the by, I was just trying to find something from that episode of SNL on their website. But there's nada, nothing, zip, zilch, zero, niet, rien, nichts. Anyway. It's annoying me. Actually that was a bit of a lie. There's one clip of one of the sketches. It spoofs Bravo. I though it was pretty funny. Also, Amy Adams does a mean Heidi Klum. Hehe. Have a look yourself.



Yeah, Amy Poehler rocks my socks. How could anyone forget how awesome she was as Regina's mom in Mean Girls or as Susie in Wet Hot American Summer. Teehee.

Almost forgot about the other thing I wanted to write about. I finally got around to watching Le scaphandre et le papillon (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly) yesterday and I have to say it was quite lovely. The cinematography is just wonderful and the score underlines everything beautifully. Definitely worth checking out, if you haven't seen it yet.

No comments: