Pages

February 16, 2008

Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins

Well, most people might not know this, but this whole Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins is kind of awesome. You should (but probably don't) know Jenny from her awesome band Rilo Kiley, she's their lead singer. In any case, she recorded a fun indie, folksy album together with the Watson Twins called "Rabbit Fur Coat". I love it. Have a listen.

Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins
website
myspace

The whole album is lovely. Although I have to say that I absolutely adore the intro song - it's called "Run Devil Run" and it's really just the three ladies singing that particular phrase in beautiful harmonies. It becomes really awesome when the beats for the next song on the disc, "Big Guns", break.

The Watson Twins sans Jenny Lewis (they're pretty fab too)
website
myspace

I don't know the Watsons that well just yet. I really like the song "Time of My Life" off their "Southern Manners" album, but I'm sure there's plenty more that's good.

and of course Rilo Kiley
website
myspace

I really like pretty much anything Rilo Kiley has done. Some I'm not gonna go into details. Just spend some time getting to know them yourself. Their older stuff is really great.

No comments: