Pages

July 09, 2009

Hilltop Hoods and Tone Matrix Extravaganza

A little over a week ago a very good friend of mine asked me to send him some more songs by a really cool Aussie group called Hilltop Hoods. They're a hip-hop act. My other friend Ingers (check his blog) had told me about them, probably about a year ago and I have to say that they're still great to listen to. Evidently Viraj a.k.a. first friend a.k.a. not-Ingers agrees.

The point of that very long winded prelude is that I should write about Hilltop, which I'm obviously doing now. Logic is not my strong suit today. I think I might be too tired. Be that as it may here's "The Hard Road Restrung".



I've been searching the interwebs for good places to get some more Hilltop Hoods tracks, but I have found absolutely nothing. You'll have to purchase things on iTunes or Amazon or what have you. I hope you like the Hilltop stuff. Personally, I go through phases where I listen to lots of hip-hop and if you've ever read this blog before you'll be well informed of my infatuation with strings. So clearly and hip-hop artist who decides to re-record an entire record with full accompaniment from an orchestra is more than fine by me. If you wanna read some more about Hilltop you can go here.

Now this is entirely unrelated. But I found an awesome toy today. It's called the Tone Matrix and what it is, is a simple sinewave synthesizer. Or so the website tells me. In any case, it lets you make very short musical samples. It's fun. To say the least. Go check it out yourselves and if anyone uses this thing as a basis for a bigger musical project, report back, because I would like to see how that turns out. I found the link to this baby over at That's Also Truuuue.

Tone Matrix

Edit: This is entirely unrelated to music - rice paddy art is cool.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good evening everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that singular brand. The prices as regards the shoes are all over 230 dollars on every page. But completely I base this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon people. I'm really into shoes and I was looking as far as something that meticulous model. The prices seeking the velcros were about 190 dollars on every page. But definitively I set this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good day people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for that particular model. The prices as regards the sneakers were all over 210 dollars everwhere. But finally I bring about this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what can you say about it?